"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man that can not read them." -Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February Blog

I am currently pursuing my MA in ELL through CU Bueno Center, and have decided to create a website of resources for teachers to use with ELL students as part of my practicum. I plan to share this site with all teachers at Adams City High School as well as my fellow Global Learners. My hope is that this site will help teachers who have no background knowledge about how to effectively teach ELL students create lessons that meet their students' needs. Without the knowledge I have gained through my graduate program I would be completely lost this year. I now have more students than ever in my classes who speak little or no English, and need to provide an appropriate education for them as well as the other students in my classes. The website will provide teachers with articles they can read about ELL students and multicultural education, assessments they can use with their students to determine their language ability levels, vocabulary strategies/handouts, literacy strategies/handouts, and writing strategies/handouts. Once I have the site published I will be asking for some additions to the site from my fellow Global Learners who teach middle and elementary level students. Eventually I, with the help of others, would like to create a comprehensive site all teachers can use when working with ELL students.

No comments:

Post a Comment